Read Rodney's Plan for Job Creation
An Action Plan to Create Jobs, Encourage Growth, Protect Families, Restore Economic Confidence
No priority for our nation is more important than putting Americans back to work. Although, there have been encouraging signs over our economic growth, millions are still unemployed and our country has the lowest labor participation since the 1970’s. Higher taxes, record spending, and bigger government has failed to increase wages for middle class families and has left millions underemployed and discouraged over the economy. Instead of expanding the size of government, a common-sense, fiscally conservative, economic agenda will provide stable economic growth, creating more jobs and opportunities.
Fix the Tax Code to Help Job Creators:
Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for individuals and businesses including small business owners to no more than 25%. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world which is hurting our businesses ability to compete globally.
- Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create American jobs.
Reduce Government Burdens on Job Creators:
- Businesses want government to get “off their back” and “out of the way.” All proposed laws and government regulations “should be put to a simple test: What will this do to encourage businesses and entrepreneurs to invest? What will it do for jobs?”
- Stopping the damaging Obamacare takeover of health care. Reform health care using patient-centered, not government-inspired, principles.
- Allow the private sector to operate under the same employment compensation laws offered by the federal government.
- Revisit the onerous Dodd-Frank bank law which chooses “winners and losers.”
Allow American Manufacturers to Compete and Win in Global Markets:
- Work on finalizing trade negotiations with the Pacific-Rim counties, the European Union and a new Trade in Service Agreement.
That is why I have sponsored legislation that that calls for the completion of these important agreements.
- Continue to open new overseas markets to American made products.
Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth:
Invest in real infrastructure improvements.
- Improve federal approval processes to streamline development of new products.
- Encourage businesses to hire military veterans.
Maximize Domestic Energy Production:
- Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production.
- Encourage all forms of energy production and promote conservation.
Pay Down America’s Unsustainable Debt; Live Within our Means:
- Stop spending money we do not have by enacting significant federal spending controls.
- Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. We don’t need a ”balanced approach.” We need a balanced budget!
- Address Entitlement Reform.
Reform mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Our housing markets will not emerge from its current crisis until these financial relics adjust to a more competitive environment.
This action plan recognizes that Washington does not have all the answers. We don’t need more government. We need common sense, fiscally conservative, solutions to restore economic security and create jobs in a strong, healthy economy. What’s at stake is our country, our way of life and restoring confidence in the American Dream.