Read Rodney's Plan for Job Creation
An Action Plan to Create Jobs, Encourage Growth, Protect Families, Restore Economic Confidence
Unfortunately, most of us know someone who is out of work. 11 million Americans are unemployed, many for over a year. Higher taxes, record spending, and bigger government has failed to create jobs or boost economic growth. Put simply, a lack of consumer confidence and business certainty is hampering recovery. Instead of expanding the size of government, a common-sense, fiscally conservative, economic agenda will put Americans back to work.
Fix the Tax Code to Help Job Creators:
- Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for individuals and businesses including small business owners to no more than 25%. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world and until we lower that rate we should permanently extend the 1996 “Bush” tax rates.
- Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create American jobs.
Reduce Government Burdens on Job Creators:
- Businesses want government to get “off their back” and “out of the way.” All proposed laws and government regulations “should be put to a simple test: What will this do to encourage businesses and entrepreneurs to invest? What will it do for jobs?”
- Repeal the damaging Obamacare takeover of health care. Reform health care using patient-centered, not government-inspired, principles.
- Exempt smaller companies from the onerous provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley accounting law.
- Revisit the onerous Dodd-Frank bank law which chooses “winners and losers.”
Allow American Manufacturers to Compete and Win in Global Markets:
- The passge of three free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea in 2011 will create up to 250,000 jobs including thousands in New Jersey and many at the Port of New York/New Jersey.
- Continue to open new overseas markets to American made products.
Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth:
- Expedite patent reviews to protect our nation’s innovators.
- Improve federal approval processes to streamline development of new products.
- Encourage businesses to hire military veterans.
Maximize Domestic Energy Production:
- Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production.
- Encourage all forms of energy production and promote conservation.
Pay Down America’s Unsustainable Debt; Live Within our Means:
- Stop spending money we do not have by enacting significant federal spending controls.
- Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. We don’t need a ”balanced approach.” We need a balanced budget!
- Address Entitlement Reform.
Reform mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Our housing markets will not emerge from its current crisis until these financial relics adjust to a more competitive environment.
This action plan recognizes that Washington does not have all the answers. We don’t need more government. We need common sense, fiscally conservative, solutions to restore economic security and create jobs in a strong, healthy economy. What’s at stake is our country, our way of life and restoring confidence in the American Dream.